What is the Library Orientation?
This Library Orientation serves as a basic overview of the Library and its resources and services for any student or user who is unfamiliar with the Library.
It consists of 2 parts:
- an Audio Tour of the Library and
- a tour of the Library Website
To take the Audio Tour and complete the Orientation:
- Print the Library Map from the box to the right or get a copy at the Circulation Desk
- Print the Library Orientation Worksheet from the box to the right or ask for a copy at the Circulation Desk
- Complete the 1st part of the Worksheet during the audio tour
- Complete the 2nd part of the Worksheet by visiting the library website and following the instructions
- Listen to and follow the Audio Tour in the Library:
- To listen on your own device:
- click on the link on the website on your portable device,
- download the file to your own device from the box on the right
- To listen on a library device
- borrow an MP3 player at the Circulation Desk in the Library
- Use your own ear buds or borrow head phones at the Circulation Desk
In addition to the Orientation, the library also provides tutorials;
Audio Tour Transcript
It is not necessary to print the transcript of the tour unless you have difficulty listening to the audio file.
Step 2: Print the Library Orientation Worksheet
During the Audio Tour, you will answer several questions on the 1st part of the Worksheet.
After you complete the Audio Tour, go to the Library Website (Step 4) to complete the remainder of the Worksheet.
Step 3: Take the Audio Tour
Listen to the Audio Tour in the library to become familiar with the locations described on the Tour and answer the questions on the 1st part of the Worksheet.
- The Audio Tour is available on MP3 players that can be checked out at the Circulation Desk along with head phones--or use your own ear buds.
- You could also listen to the Audio Tour on your portable device with access to the Internet with your own ear buds--just click on the link below.
- To download the MP3 file, right click on the link and save it to your device. Listen with your own ear buds or borrow head phones from the Circulation Desk.
Step 4: Tour the Library Website
Go the the library website below to take a tour and complete the remaining entries on the Orientation Worksheet.
Step 5: ENGL 101 students
If you are taking ENGL 101, give the completed Library Orientation Worksheet to your instructor to get credit for completing this assignment.
Ask a Librarian for help with searching for information, citing sources, and more.